Sunday, August 14, 2011

10 DAY YOU CHALLENGE- #3- 8 FEARS

Well to be frank, this particular post was even more difficult that 10 SECRETS. Well not that I don’t fear anything an al but its just that I don’t really feel they are worth putting down.

Sounds complicated? Well it is. But I’ll try breaking it down for you.

My friend suggested I write about my fear of crowds and strangers.(believe me, she does know a lot abt me. :D) But then I realized that it wasn’t really fear, just an inhibition. Yup agreed, I don’t exactly get into a crowd like a fish takes to water but ya I kinda manage to pull myself together in a while. So ya, I guess that doesn’t count as a FEAR.

I thought about writing about my fear of watching horror movies. But then, having watched 7 in the past 1 month(the power of the internet ;)), I guess that wouldn’t count either.

Option 3 was to write about my fear of certain people. But then I realized that it was not fear but respect towards them that made me stay away from them. So that didn’t count either.

Option 4 was of course the fear of god. I would agree on that one though. Yup I am religious. But not to the point where I demolish mosques and build a temple in its place(Or was it the other way round? Whatever. Who cares if it was the chicken or the egg that came first! :/) anyways, getting back to the point, yup I am religious. And like a true Indian, I am secular. Secular? Well ya, I love going to temples, I did about three fourths(probably even more) of my schooling in Christian institutions and I love mouthing ‘insha allah’(break your shackles man, there is so much meaning in that word!), I live in sowcarpet where Jainism is prominent(is that even a separate religion btw? o.O who cares, there are so many religions in india that is hard to keep track :/) well taking all these into account, I guess that would officially be fear no 1. *LOUD APPLAUSE*

Option 5: oh ya, I got stuck when thinking about this one. So ya, I tried to take inspiration from the movies. (The internet is a boon I tell you! :D) so I thought ok, do I fear dogs? No. cats? No. snakes? No. spiders? No. coacroaches? No. bats? No. white bellied sea eagle(o.O)? No. the basilisk? Probably ya but mr.potter already took care of it so what the heck. That wouldn’t count too.

Option 6: elevators. Well it is a closed space and I do feel uncomfortable while being in a closed space. And ya I do prefer taking the steps rather than the elevator. But after much thought, I realized that wasnt a fear too. Its just that I cant stand in one place for a long time. I keep fidgeting around and THAT is probably what makes me look and feel uncomfortable. So ya, that makes two things clear. 1. Chances are more for someone to bump into me on the stairs rather than on an elevator. And 2. That didn’t count as a fear either.

Option 7: mom and dad! No no just kidding. Its more love than fear that keeps me grounded. So ya, that doesn’t count either. :D

Finally, option 8: being alone at home. Nah, I got over that when I got into srm. That’s when I learnt to put the internet to constructive use and that’s probably when I added a few more dishes to my repertoire(and miss psycho, that doesn’t include maggi ok. :D :P). so ya, that doesn’t count either.

So ya, 8 options there were and if you happened to be good at English and math, you would realize that there was only one thing I feared. GOD. Well, for a simple man who yearns to live his dreams, guess that is all he has to fear.

Until next time,

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment