Monday, June 28, 2010

MARLEY AND ME


I've firmly made up my mind that this post is not gonna be a movie review.

This movie is definitely a tribute and a must watch for all pet owners, current and former alike.

This is the only movie so far that has moved me to tears, Agreed, THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS was equally scintillating but this movie had that extra something that moved me to tears. guess animals have that thing with people. this movie is a perfect example of the unconditional love u are entitled to when u own a pet. the last few scenes which show marley dying really moved me as i could relate back to the times i owned a pet. yup, when i was small, i owned a german shepherd by the name of NANCY. she died at the age of 8 cos of liver failure. we had to move to kolkata at that time and couldnt take her along. so when my grandpa called up to inform of her demise, all i could do was sit on the sofa and cry away silently, so silent that even my mom and dad never knew i was cryin until they saw the tear stains on the sofa. anyways after watchin the movie today, i got all nostalgic.i know that i've never been a good bro to nancy. i let her die alone but i couldnt help it, fate separated us. but that's not a reason. i know i've not done justice to u. am really sorry, love u nancy.

1 comment: