Saturday, November 12, 2011

THOSE EXTRA TWO HOURS

The following blog post is my submission for the GET SMART BLOGGER contest organized by Indiblogger.in, a society for bloggers. The contest is powered by SURF EXCEL MATIC.

The topic: what would you do if you had two extra hours a day?

Now before all of you self-made-Stephen-hawking-fanatics start off on how astronomically, astro-physically and geo dimensionally it is impossible to get 2 extra hours a day, let me assure you that IT IS quite possible. How you ask? Well the guys at HUL have done just that. Their latest product, SURF EXCEL MATIC is so fast and efficient, it saves you 2 hours a day by getting rid of stains while your clothes are inside your washing machine, so you don't have to spend your precious time doing it separately. So let the detergent do the washing, while you get 2 extra hours everyday.

Now that the problem of how we got the 2 extra hours has been sorted out, let’s get down to figuring out ways to spend those two hours.

To be very frank, when I first read that mail, I thought “wow, easy topic, the iPAD 2 is mine.” But when I actually sat down to type this post, I realized that I really had no idea as to what I would do if I had those extra 2 hours. So I decided to get some help, cos what do you know, har ek friend zaroori hota hai. ;)

Text messages were sent out to a select few in my contacts list. 80% said they would spend those extra 2 hrs sleeping. The remaining 20 didn’t bother to reply. Considering we live in a nation where 32% of the population is reluctant to vote, I had to admit, I wasn’t really surprised at being cold shouldered by the 20%.

80% said sleep! Astounding. The reason I figured out later had to do with the age group I had surveyed. 17-25. Engineering students or b school graduates working their butts off on projects in college or at work(miss p, you aren’t part of either group but you still chose to sleep. Hmmm, we need to talk on that. :P)

What was my opinion you ask? Well not sleep definitely. I mean, look at me. Whenever I do go to college (which is quite rare), I spend a lot of time sleeping- Sleeping on the bus, sleeping during lecture hours, sleeping again on the bus back home. So on an average, I already spend 2 extra hours a day sleeping. Which is quite bad because I am not really a sleep-a-holic. So I thought I’d use my 2 extra hours on something more purposeful.

I decided to put my grey cells to constructive use ( After all, they have to be used once in a while. ;) ) and I came up with a list of things that I could put those 2 extra hours into. Which are:

  1. FIGHT CRIME, you know, the BATMAN way. Or going by current trend, the VELAYUDHAM way. :D because frankly speaking, I think there is too much corruption in the country and I feel Anna Hazare is nothing more than a publicity stunt to debase the current government.


    Oh ya, that’s my equivalent of the BATMOBILE and behind me is my able sidekick CHUBBY(name changed in accordance with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of being a superhero). ;D

  2. PREDICT THE END OF THE WORLD. It isn’t tough actually, predict a random date, submit conclusive evidence (which more often than not doesn’t conclude anything), mind fuck people and once doomsday has passed without so much as a tremor, say global warming prevented it. You could be a hit with the corporate sector because now they can claim that they were actually releasing toxic waste into the atmosphere ‘for the GREATER GOOD’. Instant fame and no death threats from the industries. 2 birds in 1 stone. I’d say that is genius! :D

  3. WATCH T.RAJENDAR MOVIES. Though it is something I wouldn’t recommend for the weak hearted.

  4. TRY AND GET 50 FOLLOWERS ON MY BLOG. Which I’ve realized over the 2 years that my blog has been active as being quite IMPOSSIBLE. I’ve tried everything; bribing people, begging people, blackmailing people at gun point. The only option left right now is a sex change operation. I guess that’ll do the trick.

  5. TRY AND CONVINCE SRK that tamilians don’t pronounce “konjam” as CONDOM, don’t say “AYYO” at every possible opportunity and most certainly don’t eat noodles with curd. As for being brainy and having hot girlfriends/wives, I think you got that one right shahrukh. B) :P

  6. TRY MY HAND AT COOKING. Because like the saying goes, the fastest way to the MODERN woman’s heart is through her stomach. Well I can already cook a bit, if you are a big fan of chicken fry, then I am already half way through to your heart. But making open cheese sandwiches using a microwave oven seems to be one thing I need to master. Mom, who was force fed that sandwich yesterday would certainly agree. ;D

Yes people, two extra hours a day can mean a lot of opportunities at doing something you would have never imagined. All you need to do is summon your grey cells to use. My list is ready, what is gonna be yours?

Keep thinking

Until next time,

Adios!

P.S.. if you like this post, you can vote for me by clicking on the picture below.

voting can be done using your facebook or twitter accounts also.

21 comments:

  1. Anna..!! Really really cool.. Esp the engg students' fate.. :p Lol.. An kudos to you.. You have so many opportunities.. And i guess you hav already started implying few of them(for instance, the cheese sandwich.. ;) :p).. Anyways.. Awesome..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha thanks naren. that was quick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. back in business... the surf excel-part.... outstanding....

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome blog seriously good and the batman thing is cool but sleeping still wins!the sex change might be worth a try though

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys.
    @avi: i know, its an amazing thing to get 2 extra hours a day. just thought i'd complement the ppl who could be responsible for it. ;)
    @usaid: thanks don! :D sleeping eh? well different ppl, different opinions. enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. If things are so bad that you have to have such a sidekick that you have to carry around, then i guess this world will be like Gotham City!!

    Now I'm curious., Did you study in the extra 2 hours?? You asked a doubt to me,didn't you?

    And i feel Alter Egos work better than Gender Changes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh cmon BALS, sleeping, studying, practising and working out are something i do normally. B) :P
    as for the sex change operation, i guess ppl FOLLOW your blogs and like your fb statuses only if u are a girl. ;P
    but dai, u dont really think am gonna do it do u! :O :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubt you will!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb! tr movies n sex change operation...SEMMA IDEAS! :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe. lovely post. Best of luck. Please do visit my post Aye Zindagi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks @geet and @ranting indian, amazing post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. a pretty interesting list I'd say :) specially the first and the last one..also I agree that the topic appeared very simple but while writing it u could sense the intensity it carried!
    And now that u have said it, i wish God grants u that extra two hours..at least the crime rate will decrease :P
    good luck for the contest!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha thanks sarah. loved your post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post man....hilarious, especially the sex change bit ! all the best for the competition :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stiff contender for the ipad in the making.... It has been a long time since i read such a hilarious blog... Expected more from you in the T.R part :-P.. still a nice compilation... All the best dude...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey batman! awesum post lol i like the pic! only thing missing now is the cape :P

    ReplyDelete