Sunday, November 27, 2011

CONTESTS, EXAMS AND THE CURSE OF THE INTERNET

Between my last post and this one, its been approximately 2 weeks. 2 weeks in which dhanush has gone international, with his ‘WHY THIS KOLAVERI’ song becoming viral. Talks are on that if mayawati does manage to make UTTAR PRADESH a separate country ( you can never fathom the shallowness of the human mind) she has plans to make WHY THIS KOLAVERI the national anthem. This will go down well with the citizens of U.S.U.P.( United States of Uttar Pradesh) because it will be a reflection of their feelings towards mayawati- why this kolaveri di? But assuming the chances of this becoming a possibility are as slim as T.R. getting an Oscar for his performance in Veerasamy, we’ll move on with this post.

If this is the first time you are here on my blog, my last post was an entry for the Surf excel- Indiblogger GET SMART BLOGGER contest. The voting is still ON so if you want to read the post, you can find it H E R E.

The contest was a great experience because apart from having my blog viewed and commented upon by fellow bloggers, I also had an opportunity to visit their blogs. The level of professionalism and creativity in a few really inspired me, egging me on to if not be better than them, at least be on par with them. Following this I decided to change a few things about my blog, a few of which you can already see and others, you will understand now.

For those of you who are colour blind and haven’t quite noticed this quite-obvious-in-your-face change, yes, I have opted for a new colour scheme. The blog has now gone from boring brown to bright blue.

I’ve shuffled the widgets/gadgets a bit, removing a few, adding quite a lot. You can now find the BLOGADDA gadget(clicking on which will take you to the BLOGADDA site) and the BLOGADDA RATER where you can choose to give anything between 1 to 5 stars for my blog, though knowing how sweet all of you are, I know you would give me nothing short of a 5! B)

If you liked my post and want others to read it, you can now SHARE it on FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR GOOGLE+ by clicking on the share icons at the end of the post above the comments tab. and for those of you who actually are eagerly waiting for my updates( I know there aren’t many but I like to say it, just because it makes me sound important. :P) you can now get updates on my blog through email. All you have to do is enter your email id in the FOLLOW THROUGH EMAIL tab that appears on the left of the page and you automatically get alerts as and when I put up something new here. This would actually do you a world of good because instead of wasting your time on facebook and other social networking sites, you can now waste your time reading this. B)

At the end of each blogpost, you’ll find 3 options under the title REACTIONS, wherein as the name suggests, you rate that particular blog post on what your reactions where after reading the post. If you thought my post was good, you can click COOL; if you thought my post deserved nothing short of a booker prize nomination, you can click on KICKASS. People clicking KICKASS are of course entitled to endless goodies, treats and special prizes from the author (of course, CONDITIONS APPLY :P) but if you plan on getting your heads ripped apart by my bare hands, you can click on PHYSICS WAS MORE INTERESTING! Now if you are smart, I know you wouldn’t choose option 3. B)

And since this is about the competition, I’d like to thank naren, usaid, shals, ms. P, ms. N and everyone else who felt my blog was good and decided to promote it. The blog went on to get approximately 850 page views in the last two weeks and my entry earned 23 official indiblogger votes. Both of which are personal highs. Thanks a ton for that guys, it really means a lot.

As the title suggests, its exam time right now at srm, which literally translates into MIND FUCK. Exams on alternate days with one day in between to allow us to revise the portions(though in my case, it translated into one day to study what I was supposed to study in the past 3 months) leaves the mind gasping for breathing space. True to word, after a couple of exams, I couldn’t take it anymore. I desperately needed a break from the routine and the Chennai rains definitely weren’t helping. On the ‘STUDY LEAVE’ days in between, I managed to sneak in a couple of movies and a book.

Movie no 1 was RA.ONE. Now if you haven’t already watched it and are planning to do so now, I’d advice you not to. If I had a chance to choose between dying and watching RA.ONE, I would most gladly prefer option 1. Yes, the movie was utter bull shit. The silver lining on the cloud though was kareena kapoor. Hot. And pretty. I’ve never really been a fan of her but man was she great in this!

To eliminate from my mind the notion that srk probably sucked when it came to superhero movies, I decided to watch another SRK flick. CHAK DE INDIA. Easily one of the best sports movies to have come out in bollywood(DIL BOLE HADIPA and PATIALA HOUSE? No they dont even count as sports movies!), this eliminated any little doubt in my mind why this guy is called KING KHAN. Brilliant acting complimenting an amazing storyline make this movie an evergreen hit. I decided to forgive him for the debacle that was ra.one

And the book I managed to read was REVOLUTION 2020. Chetan bhagat has this knack of turning incidents in other people’s (and his own) lives into best sellers. Though the book was definitely not anywhere close to 2 STATES, it was definitely good. My favourite line from the book still remains the last line on page 159:

Life is a bitch when the only woman you can think of belongs to someone else.”

So true. So damn true. Rot in hell siddarth maalya! :/

If movies and novels weren’t enough to screw me already, in case my grades drop this semester, I’ll have the internet to blame. The reason I abstained from blogging was because I wanted to concentrate on my exams. But I managed to do everything other than that in these 2 weeks- downloading movies, downloading songs, watching stand up comedy acts, watching movie video songs, workouts and everything else I wouldn’t have even bothered to if it were during the holidays. But damn that was what happened. Two more exams to go now and by typing this post and uploading it, I don’t really seem to be doing myself any good as far as the exams are concerned. Guess I’ll have to resort to what doctors say after an operation- “ini elaam andha aandavan kai la dhaan iruku!” which is loosely translated into hindi as “ab sab bhagwan ke haath mae.” ;D

Signing out on that note,

Keep smiling,

Adios!

P.S. naren was contemplating on an idea of opening a fb page for the blog. Your opinions are most welcome regarding this, all you have to do is leave a comment on this page (you can comment using your gmail account or as an ANONYMOUS USER). Criticism, both positive and negative are most welcome. However if you want to continue looking good, you would not want to choose the latter. So think smart. Act wise. ;P

7 comments:

  1. super! :D first para n chetan bhagat quote awesome! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post.. I didn't like ra.one either except for maybe the chamak chalk song.

    I can so relate to you when u say you can do everything else apart from studying during the study holidays .. However, the exam fear started the evening before the exam.

    All the best for the coming two exams :) and have a fun filled sem holiday after that ..

    I strongly suggest u start a FB page for ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new layout of ur blog .. Especially the blue colour !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha.. Another good one off your brains..! ;) The writing style was cool.. Especially the first two paragraphs.. Really good..! And yeah.. What have you done anna..? Thanking me and all..? Aiyyo.. :p kinda embarassing and at the same time, feels good also.. :p anyways you are most welcome anna..! ;) Btw, the FB page.. Open one anna.. It wouod be really cool if you do it.. More ppl will come to know.. As in, ppl are well connected on FB.. You know, larger the network, the better it us for you..!! ;) Regarding the exams - evalavo paathuttom, idha paaka maatoma..?! ;):p
    Ha.. Looking forward to more such cool ones..!!

    ReplyDelete