Saturday, November 5, 2011

Attempts, revelations and a man called TR

My blogger dashboard says that my last blog post was on October 12, 2011. Today is the 5th of November, so that is roughly 25 days since I wrote. Now by my terms, that is quite a hiatus. So to all those who missed me, I am back. As to why I took so long, well you have the exams at INDIA’S NO 1 PRIVATE UNIVERSITY to blame.

To be very frank, I am quite an obsessive blogger. Yes monali jain, you were right about that back in FRUIT SHOP. ;D My parents keep nagging me saying I turn extra interested in the internet only during my exams. So this time when they saw me studying on my laptop they were more than shocked. They decided to leave me alone. Oh ya smriti anand, that is one more reason why you should get a laptop and not a DSLR, you can always log into fb while you are pretending to study and your parents would never really know. ;D

Having been a part of both an Anna university affiliated college and Srm university, I’d say studying in SRM is fun. In capital letters. The rapport we share with the staff, the amazing channa samosa in the main campus canteen, awesome bus rides and of course, the ample sight seeing opportunities all make SRM something I’d like to call “GOD’S OWN COLLEGE” ;) but one thing about srm that I hate is the total nonchalance with which they treat the timing of the exams and record submissions. 2 and a half months, they let us have fun. 15 days to go for the sem exams, they load us with observation correction, record submission and model exams. I mean, what is a poor kid who has just attended 2 out of 10 lab sessions the entire semester to do? But man, being in this kind of situation for the last 2 yrs, I’ve learnt to plan more effectively. Yes, the records have been completed and the exam preparation is underway. Well don’t get me wrong, when your exam is on the next day, the exam preparation should have begun. B)

On a completely different note, if you plan on helping the above mentioned poor kid with his record and/or observation work, you can reach him HERE. B) :P

2011 has been quite a strange year. I’ve found myself in bizarre situations, some intentional, some not. Take this hibernation period of mine for example. During these 20 odd days, I’ve done a hell of a lot of things that wouldn’t quite occur to the sane mind. :D Considering this is the exam season, I’ll start with my exam preparations.

Now normally I am an ‘early to bed, early to rise’ type. This time, I decided to stay up late and prepare. I planned to study from 10.30pm to 2 am. I eventually fell asleep at 12.30 and got screwed in my exams the next day. Considering this attempt didn’t quite work out, I reverted back to my ‘early to bed, early to rise’ technique. I planned to go to bed by 9.30 and get back by 2am and finish the portions. I did go to bed at 9.30 and I did wake up early the next day even before my alarm went off. “Wow, today is my lucky day!” I thought. The time was 1:47 am. Ha 13 more minutes to 2 am. Let me get back to bed, no harm in it. Now there’s a reason they say 13 is an unlucky number. 13 more mins I thought. When I did wake up again, it was 5 am. Screwed again!

That is 4 exams gone with 2 more to go. Being the eternal optimist, I’d say that it is now two more attempts at planning. Let’s just hope its third time lucky for me. ;D

Academics apart, I’ve also tried my hand at strange stuff in these 20 days. Post diwali, I decided to grow a beard, no not the half-french beard type that I sport normally but a fully grown one like my idol, Mr. T.RAJENDRAN. :D one week into the attempt, I decided to quit because I realized that I didn’t quite look like the rich kid who travels to his college in an ac bus. Not that I am rich, but I do travel to college in an ac bus. So that counts. :P The half-french beard look is back now. And so is the realization that try as much as you can, you just CANNOT emulate the great TR. :D

And yes, quite contrary to what my parents think, I HAVE definitely been active on the internet. I’ve already planned my schedule for the month long semester vacations. These include workout schedules, diet charts, practice timings and approximately 30 odd movies that are being downloaded as I type this post. As the modern saying goes, “A movie a day, keeps boredom away” ;D

That’s about it for now.

Until next time,

ADIOS!

8 comments:

  1. Now India's No.1 Private University becomes God's own university .. nice :) :)

    Good to see your actually having loads of fun .. I have in most cases also been the early to sleep early to rise person atleast during exams ..

    I just remember once when I prepared for an exam through the night, doing combined studies with a friend through the phone while I was in hostel ..

    And I have always wanted to sleep the extra 10 mins and got up only after couple of more hours .. :) :)

    Are ur exams finally done now ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like your style of writing, been following your blog for quite some time now, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @shals: ha ha ya i feel "GOD'S OWN COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY" is a better way of describing SRM than "india's no 1 private university" becaause u very well know that it isnt B) ;D
    and no, model exams end on 11th. the sem exams end on 3oth. from december, i am a free bird :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @asma afreen: thank u so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was more of a monologue.... nevertheless.. its hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 13 minutes to 2 AM thing! Nee better!
    I wake up at 3.58 and look at my mobile. "Ok, 120 seconds more!" I try to lie back, count down from 120... 118... 115... zzzzz!
    Happened many a time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one anna..!! Though you have selected random topics, you havr indeed put it all into one frame..!! Kudos..! ;)

    ReplyDelete