Saturday, October 16, 2010

SHOWERS, STREET FOOD AND SHOPPING FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION

My 2nd post with an alliterated title- SHOWERS, STREET FOOD AND SHOPPING FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION describes my adventures a day before my dad's bday.

Setting out on my bike which had gotten itself washed after a really really long time(considering i take very little care of my bike), me and my bro set out towards ANNA NAGAR, the haven for "budget shoppers" like me..

For once, we got through to anna nagar without much traffic to worry about, which was quite a surprise. Halfway through our shopping, we realised that it was pouring outside, literally pouring, my bike getting washed for the second time that day. ;D Done with our shopping, we realised that we had nowhere to go. but behold fortune favours the intelligent, for a few blocks away was one place where we could both satiate our gastronomic buds as well as stay away from the rain that was lashing out , behold, GANGOTREE, ur one stop shop for anything available on the streets of north india.

With our stomachs full, we set out for a second round of shopping, this time, to pick up a shirt for my dad's bday tomo. Riding into the chilly night wind, i experienced absolute bliss, the wind caressing me through the thin fabric of my tee.

After picking up the gift, we set off northwards for another chilly ride back home. lost in the beauty of a ROYAL ENFIELD MACHISMO, we almost crashed into a brand new XYLO that had stopped at a signal. but fortunately, my bike's brakes didnt fail me this time. with a sharper eye on the road, we managed to reach home safely but not before catching a few delightful sights on the way.

The gift looks good as it lies there hidden beneath my shirts, waiting for its grand opening the morrow. hope dad likes it.

wishing dad a very happy bday.

thanks for being there for me, thanks for making me who i am.

love you dad.

until next time,

ADIOS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment