Saturday, July 3, 2010

EASY? YEAH RITE

A couple of days back, i was having one of my usual late night chat sessions with a few of my friends and the idea for this post sprung up when one of my friends commented on how easy it was to be a cricketer doing his engineering at SRM, India's no 1 private university.

Alrite, being a cricketer, i get to attend a maximum of one month of college because of matches. So that means i get to be away from 2 months of boring lectures. But unlike wat people think, the fun ends there. twhen i do come back after those to two months, i end up completing 3 months worth of portions in 3 weeks, i say 3 weeks because the 4th week is allocated to running across 250 acres of campus, from department to department, shuffling between classes and tests( i once ended up doing 5 exams in a single day!!! :S) and not to forget, spending half my fortune on getting my OD forms photocopied. and if this is not enough, i sometimes get to meet and submit separate letters to HODs of respective departments to finish my lab work. wow, cool isn't it. And when i am finally done with that, the management of SRM, India's no 1 private university tell me four days before the exam that i had forgotten to submit the hall ticket form and that i wont be able to write the exam this sem. the day before the exam, after i've run around half the campus and spent a fortune on telephone bills, the same staff gives me a O-M-G YOU ARE SO DUMB look and says "son, i was jus joking, why did u have to make n ass of yourself. here's ur hall ticket!!!!!!" oh the bloody @$%%$@#


Then comes the fun part- the exams. 2 weeks of maths, physics and their genetically advanced offsprings that could leave any normal person with severe brain damage. but guess what, am a cricketer doing his engg(that automatically makes me one abov the rest) so i dont get affected by this neuorological syndrome. i finally get done with my exams and after a month, when the results are out, my friends give me a pat on the back and say "what, u are a sports quota student. they would have given u high internals, that explains ur good score!!!!!!!!!" :S ftw, i get to slog out for one full month, i spend sleepless nites completing assignments, lab records and studying for n number of tests and when i finally get a good score, they say "YOU GOT IT EASY"


EASY?!?!?!!? yeah rite. try giving it a try. :P

1 comment:

  1. right da!same here! They say " oo o o o o always touring man!"
    I used to think "O yeah!!! o... yeah... :( "

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete