Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BOOKS - MY FAVOURITE TEACHERS

Books occupy a prominent place in my life. Being an only child, I have, on occasions more than one, found company in the form of books. I don’t know how it all really started. I think it was probably mom who encouraged this habit of mine. Both dad and mom have never said no when it came to books.

As I grew up, I moved from TINKLE and ASTERIX to more complex books like ANGELS AND DEMONS, THE DA VINCI CODE and other DAN BROWN masterpieces. These books fascinated me and my hunger for knowledge increased immensely. Dan brown’s books had me spellbound. They captivated me. My style of thinking and concept of understanding got elevated to a whole new level. What I had failed to see till then became instantly visible to me. I started understanding the ways of GOD. Which is pretty simple, you just need to believe to understand.

Having been a fighter all my life, fighting to climb up the ranks, I started understanding how what we yearn for is there right in front of us and yet we fail to realize it. We fail to realize that what we wanted was there right within us, but we fail to understand it, instead looking towards others for it. In short, the will to succeed and the strength to win against all odds should come from within.

My short life has been filled with failures. But over the year and a half, I’ve manipulated my mind to look past these failures, instead learning from them and using them to good effect. THE ALCHEMIST was one book that immensely motivated me. Unlike dan brown, this PAULO COELHO masterpiece told things sans the excitement, drama and conspiracies. One part in the book which I really liked a lot was:

“WHAT YOU STILL NEED TO KNOW IS THIS: BEFORE A DREAM IS REALISED, THE SOUL OF THE WORLD TESTS EVERYTHING THAT WAS LEARNED ALONG THE WAY. IT DOES THIS NOT BECAUSE IT IS EVIL, BUT SO THAT WE CAN, IN ADDITION TO REALIZING OUR DREAMS, MASTER THE LESSON WE’VE LEARNED AS WE’VE MOVED TOWARD THAT DREAM. THAT’S THE POINT AT WHICH MOST PEOPLE GIVE UP. IT’S THE POINT AT WHICH, AS WE SAY IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE DESERT, ONE ‘DIES OF THIRST JUST WHEN THE PALM TREES HAVE APPEARED ON THE HORIZON’.

EVERY SEARCH BEGINS WITH BEGINNER’S LUCK. AND EVERY SEARCH ENDS WITH THE VICTOR’S BEING SEVERLY TESTED. THE BOY REMEMBERED AN OLD PROVERB FROM HIS COUNTRY. IT SAID THE DARKEST HOUR OF THE NIGHT CAME JUST BEFORE THE DAWN.”

This according to me is probably the best shortcut to success, just follow your dream, your destiny and stop not till you’ve achieved it.

Let me sign off with my sms pick of the week, which for the first time, is related to my blog post .

SMS PICK OF THE WEEK:

“THE MINUTE U THINK OF GIVING UP, THINK OF THE REASON YOU HELD ON FOR SO LONG.

THERE LIES THE SECRET OF WINNING AGAINST ALL ODDS.”

until my next post, Adios!!!!

1 comment: