Thursday, December 31, 2009

THE YEAR THAT WAS!!!

Here we go, its flashback time.

Frankly speaking, 2009 was a mixed year for me. A new college, new friends and new interests. But I guess I met with more failures rather than success in 2009. My cricketing career sank to an all time low. The runs jus weren’t flowing freely from my bat, my wicket keeping came under the scanner, et al. the cricketing season 2008-09 came to a close with me averaging less than 15 in the last 5 matches. I had also quit my engg. course in VELTECH ENGG. COLLEGE. So there I was, back fresh from a string of failures, stuck at home for 4 whole months. :( Fortunately, I had my practice sessions going for me. The internet turned out to be my best companion during those days. I didn’t really know much about blogging back then so I really had nothing to do. There were times when I used to spend hours on the net surfing aimlessly.

And then there was light!!!

A faint ray of hope at the end of the tunnel materialized as I walked through the gates of SRM UNIVERSITY. I had been through all this before in veltech but believe me, srm was so much different. The amount of freedom we get here is amazing. in the days that went by, I found a reliable bunch of friends in class(satish, sharath, irfan, jayasurya, kai, kurry, chubby, boadha, bala, rohan, sandeep, Vivek, vishal, mani and naveen and a hell lot more, sorry for not mentioning all the names) and on the bus[umar, vikas, ali umar, ifrah, pavithra, subha and shalini akka(who of course introduced me to blogging, twitter, et al ;)].

There’s a saying that when god closes one door, he opens another. That’s exactly what happened in my case. When I was down and out, wondering what I was gonna do after I got my tc, by god’s grace I managed to get in touch with a reliable source who greatly helped me to get into SRM. And now I don’t regret the decision I took about 8 months back, to quit veltech. SRM has been so much fun, I’ve got so much time now, no stupid assignments, record work and submission stress here. It’s a perfect balance here, I get to play cricket, study and still get time to go out with friends. Now isn’t that amazing. I still feel for my buddies back at veltech. They seem to be missing the fun part of life. Hope things get better for them.

Coming back to cricket, 2009 hasn’t particularly been a good year for me. My lean patch continued into the next season as well. A string of failures saw me being pushed down the batting order. But one good thing was, despite all the things happening around me, I managed to stay positive. The runs might have been missing from my bat but the smile on my face certainly wasn’t.

But things seem to be brightening up now. The second half of the 1st division league begins on jan 6. As I step into 2010, I have this gut feeling that I will succeed. I have this feeling that 2010 is gonna be a rocking year for me. And I know that it will.

So as 2009 comes to an end, I’d like to convey my thanks to each and everyone out there who made 2009 so much special for me. A big thanks to mom and dad who stood by me through all my failures. A big thanks to my veltech buddies, imran, yogi, shanthi, saranya, google, priya, indhu, prakash and ranjani ka. A big thanks to my SRM friends satish, jayasurya, irfan, sharath, umar, bala, rohan, kai, kurry, chubby, sandeep, boadha, Vivek, vishal, mani, naveen, vikas, ali umar, pavithra, subha and ifrah. And A special thanks to shalini akka for introducing me to my latest addiction, blogging. ;)

but my biggest thanks goes to all those who tried to pull me down, all those who criticized me and all those who said I was not good at what I was doing. Their words jus made me stronger. And believe me, am gonna make each and every one of them eat their words.As I kiss 2009 goodbye, here’s my final sms pick of 2009:

IF PEOPLE THROW STONES AT YOU, DON’T WORRY.

LEARN TO BUILD HOUSES OUT OF THEM!!!

I’ve started doing just that. Keep rocking fellas.

P.S. small problem with my net connection. Planning to get a new connection some time soon. So wont be active online for a few days from now. Hoping to catch ya all soon,

Until then,

ADIOS!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This what i like in you dude...your smiling face and a positive heart!!!....

    keep rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ACR: thanks da.. hope u hqave a great yr ahead of u as well.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is what makes us keep on moving da...ur smile not only brings u up also brings us also up at times..u will go along way in whatever u da

    ReplyDelete