Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW - HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON


This movie falls under the same category as KUNG FU PANDA in the sense, its an animation flick meant for kids but actually contains a deeper message. Well to be frank, when I first came across the title, I thought, what the hell should I really give it a try. But a few friend’s of mine who did manage to catch the movie during the first day of its release told me that they really enjoyed it. Considering how vetti I was at that time, I decided, what the hell, why not download it. ;)

And I must admit, I totally enjoyed each and every minute of the movie. The animation was done to make it look like a kid’s movie. But I guess that’s what made the movie click, the childish animation complimenting the strong screenplay though I must admit, there really wasn’t much of a proper story. :D

But as I said, the movie was really really enjoyable and the special bonding between HICCUP, the Viking boy and TOOTHLESS, the wounded Night fury dragon was definitely commendable. Definitely a movie people of all age groups would enjoy.

Well I must admit, I was stupid to have downloaded this movie instead of watching it in 3D in the theatres. What to say, I didn’t really have time to go to the theatres back then. But once my exams are done, I’ll definitely make it a point to catch the movie in the theatre. Hope u guys do the same.

P.S. One thing I noticed when I was watching the movie was that this movie seems to have borrowed heavily from its more stylishly animated cousin-AVATAR. There are many scenes, for eg, the scene where Hiccup learns to ride Toothless that resembles very much the scene where the hero’s avatar catches his “flying dragon” near the Floating Mountains of Pandora. A sense of déjà vu occurs in a few more scenes but I guess these glitches get overshadowed by the overall brilliance of the film. Definitely a must watch.
Running in theatres near you.
Until next time,
ADIOS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment